Dump Your Shit Here


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Monday, March 02, 2009

Meeting With Kyouyama

Everyone's a hypocrite.
I'm a hypocrite.

I can rant about the injustice of our government, their abuse of power, the corruption taking place in this country, the politicians who would take bribes and forego their principles.
Yet I am the same person perpetuating corruption, I paid the bribe to get my driving license.

I
shout and wail about the children in Africa, telling people not to waste food, to be grateful that they do not need to go hungry, and make it a point to finish the food on my plate.
Yet when I am unable to finish the food on my plate, I'd say, "Fuck the African kids."

I would complain about the uncontrollable number of illegal and legal foreign workers in this country. I see a foreign worker cooking in a hawker centre, I'd be the first to exclaim, "They are deteriorating the quality of our food!"
I see a foreign worker working as a waiter and unable to speak basic Bahasa Malaysia or English and would shout in frustration, "Bring me someone who can understand and speak properly!"
I read the newspapers about another crime committed by an Indonesian maid towards her employer, or snatch thefts, or anything of that sort, and I would curse, "Those damn illegal immigrants!"
Yet I would be the first person to complain about things being expensive, food being expensive. And since I am demanding for everything to be cheap, wouldn't businesses employ cheap labour to satisfy me?

So here I am, frustrated, unhappy, discontented, talking and not acting. Preaching hate, and not solutions.
Edward Elric of FMA used three words to sum up the human race,


Everyone's a hypocrite.