Dump Your Shit Here


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Sunday, May 03, 2009

I Travelled To Cambodia To Repent By Looking At Sick Children

Badan Kebajikan Isteri-isteri Wakil Rakyat Selangor (Balkis) was an organization set up by the previous Selangor state government.
Ironically, it was revealed on April 1st that Former Selangor Menteri Besar Dr Mohd Khir Toyo along with his family and other state officials spent almost RM1.6 million on two overseas trips which included a tour of Paris and Orlando Disneyland. Lest we forget, only a year before, Balkis was revealed to have spent RM279,000 on clothes for members and spouses for sporting event. And this is just but two of the revelations! Khir Toyo(l) agreed to an interview by the Star, and this is what he has got to say about the whole issue.

It’s all politically motivated.

Because I am not a Balkis member so how can they can ask me about Balkis issues.

Q: What was the purpose of the Dec 17-24 2007 DisneyWorld, Miami Beach and Honolulu trip?
A: It was a technical visit. It was for investment purposes, river management, canal city and the theme park. We wanted to make a second Klang Valley in Selangor - an RM1bil canal city from Sungai Kuala Langat to Sungai Klang which is about 16km.

Q: Why didn’t (PNSB CEO) Datin Khairiyah (Abu Hassan) say that? When Selcat asked the purpose of trip, she said it was to study the theme park and did not mention river management?
A: She made a mistake.

Q: It cost RM366,000 to send the Recce team ahead and yet they could not organise a meeting with the Disney World Theme Park? Are you saying the PNSB officers are not competent?
A: The Recce team was decided by management not by board.

Q: How come PNSB paid RM110,000 for your presidential suite in Honolulu?
A: I am not sure. It was all organised by them. And I didn’t ask. I didn’t even get to enjoy the suite or the facilities. I just used it for sleeping. I returned from the programme at midnight and by 8am I am up.

Q: You say you are a simple man but people would disagree because you fly first class and stay at expensive presidential suites?
A: You must remember when I was the (PNSB) chairman. I have my entitlement. If I were to reduce my entitlement to what an officer gets then what is the officer going to reduce to? I am the chairman. There is the deputy chairman, board of directors, government officers going along. If I fly business class (not first class), then what happens to my state secretary? He will complain. If I am travelling alone it is easier. But I am travelling with a group of people and if I downgrade myself - it’s a problem for the others.

Q: But PNSB said they paid the flight for your children and maid for the trips?
A: As far as I am concerned I paid for my maid and children. I don’t know why she (Datin Khairiyah) would say they paid. Maybe she is against me.

Q: On that Jogjakarta trip, Malaysia paid RM10,000 to Indonesian dancers to welcome the Malaysian delegation. Isn’t that odd?
A: You shouldn’t ask me. I was there as a guest . I don’t know the details. I am the Mentri Besar and I don’t ask all that. I didn’t know RM10,000 was paid for the welcoming ceremony. All that was decided by management.

Q: KDEB also paid RM17,000 for tickets for Balkis to go to China to buy artificial flowers and caps there when the company has a branch in Kepong. Why waste money when the ordering could have been done in Kepong?
A: I really don’t know. But it must have been approved by the KDEB management. It might be cheaper to fly there and order it from there.

Q: PNSB said they had to give Balkis about RM1mil each year?
A: Yes, that was a decision by PNSB. The 1mil is for charity. Balkis uses the money to help the needy.

Q: But the bosses at PNSB and KDEB said they received many requests from you, verbal instructions to pay for Balkis?
A: No. Can they prove it? Which letters have I signed?

Q: Is your conscience clear?
A: Very clear.

Q: Do you think people will believe you?
A: I think so. I still got the number two spot in the Umno Youth Chief elections. As for the public, when I go around I still draw in crowds. For example when I went to campaign in the Bukit Gantang by-election, so many people came to my ceramah. This happens everywhere I go.

Please read the full interview, it's a must read for all Selangor citizens.
Khir Toyo(l), 大便很香 不会骂粗话(Najis wangi tak tahu cakap kasar), 你们最high class 每天耍浪漫(Engkau sangat high class tiap-tiap hari main romantic). Everyone is out to get you man!