Dump Your Shit Here


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Sunday, August 31, 2008

White Shoes On The Rooftop

Malaysia was just celebrating 51 years of Independence a few moments ago.
The celebration is held in Dataran Merdeka every year and can be seen on TV.
When I tuned into the channel showing a LIVE telecast, the countdown started.
And then they started singing a bunch of songs, some I don't even know about.

Malaysians have been urged to wave our flag today, as it is a patriotic thing to do.
If I decide not to, does that make me less patriotic than the guy waving that flag frantically during the celebrations?

This is a time for reflection.
Stay on as a Malaysian citizen till death?
Or get out of here as soon as possible?



I've said this time and again,
You can hate the government, but it's impossible to hate your country.
Happy Independence Day.